Sunday, November 30, 2008

Sunday afternoon mega post!

Here are some really great records...

Beestings - Where It Goes
My boy Kelly put this out, so I expected it to be sweet, but what the fuck. This record has been out for almost a year and a week hasn't gone by that I haven't listened to it at least 2 or 3 times. Check this out if you like Minus The Bear, Sharks Keep Moving or any of that kind of stuff.



Try it
Buy it

-


Good Luck - Into Lake Griffy
I checked this record out because I heard they were coming through Albuquerque and fell in love with it on its first rotation. You can't deny that Matty Pop Chart's voice is cute as shit, and man, I had no idea he could shred so hard. There is a lot of really intricate guitar work on this album. I'm glad he put down the acoustic and started a punk band. Such a good album.



Try it
Buy it

-


Algernon Cadawallader - Some Kind Of Cadawallader
Lastly, my boy Benostasy turned me on to this band last night. I found this LP and what the fuck... Where did this band come from? This album is total Cap'n Jazz worship. It's soooo good. It's finding exciting new stuff like this that makes me remember how fun talking about bands with friends is.



Try it
Buy it


Hope you enjoy these records!
- JoaquĆ­n

No comments: