Sunday, August 24, 2008

I don't have the strength to face the world alone.

I've been dying to get my hands on some of The Potential Johns' material ever since I stumbled upon their Myspace page a couple of months ago. Everything they've done has only been released on vinyl and in very limited quantities. Finally, I found a copy of their split with The Chinese Telephones in No Idea's distro. After a long, fun-filled day, I ran upstairs and ripped it as soon as possible. Dear God, is this band incredible. At first, it's fun and upbeat, like it should be, then it ends with a poignant power pop ballad. Ugh. Why can't all songs be like this? So good. Anyways, check it out for yourself.



Try it.
Buy it.

If my spiel didn't sell you...

"The Potential Johns is the solo project of the Marked Men's Jeff Burke, so it sounds like, well, you know, the Marked Men... but a little less rock 'n' roll, and a little more Clorox Girls-esque. It's all very vocal-driven-maybe a little too much, to where you feel like you getting pummeled by catchy vocals-but why complain about that?" - MRR

- JoaquĆ­n

No comments: