Thursday, August 28, 2008

I've got a boner for the Smashing Pumpkins.

In the vein of stuff we're totally digging lately, I thought I would share as well. First, I want to totally second the Lanterns record and the United Nations shit. Good stuff. But really, I just want to talk about how much I love the Smashing Pumpkins right now.

The Smashing Pumpkins were a band that I always liked but never got into. I remember having their cassingles when I was a kid. My mom used to drive me down to Hastings so I could rifle through the cassette section and come back with whatever was on MTV at the time. I do remember the Pumpkins though, they would always put out shitloads of rare tracks, non-album stuff, whatever, you know. I guess I never knew how awesome they were until I recently downloaded their entire discography. And then I got really stoned and watched their DVD Vieuphoria, and that ruled, too. Anyway, here's a video of the awesome, awesome song Soma live.



BTOWN.

PS. Joaq, did we ever do anything with that song "Billy Corgan Gets a Girlfriend"?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You'll see what we did with that song... It's fly.

Anonymous said...

Dog, I want to hear it.