Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Tuesday, August 12th, 2008

One of my friends starts a new blog every week and never does anything with it, so I figured, fuck it, I should start a blog and never do anything with it. Better yet, I should make it an open blog and let other friends help it get nowhere. Anyways, this will be a place for us, and you, if you'd like, to post funny stories, sweet pictures, songs, records, videos, whatever. I think it would be sweet to wake up one morning, check my blog, and see something that someone else has posted. So yeah, if you'd like to contribute, e-mail me at nevergettoheaven@gmail.com

Let's party. - JoaquĆ­n

Oh yeah, you would figure I got the title of this blog from an Integrity song or some shit. Just so you know, it's from a Burt Bacharach song. Burt Bacharach fucking rules.

Peep it.



Seriously, listen to the way the transition after the chorus resolves itself into the phrase that comes after it.
(It's at like, 1:34)

"An example of his distinctive use of changing meter is found in 'Promises, Promises'. In this song, he incorporates a very complex time signature sequence of |3/8|÷|4/8|3/8|÷|4/8|" - Wikipedia

Fuck.

No comments: