Friday, August 22, 2008

Scared Shitless.


I was just telling my friend the other day about how I've only been here in Seattle for about five months now. About how before I moved I made music a priority in my life, and that's how I landed here. Straggling demos together, I tried to start my own band after an effort to locate decent ones here. He Whose Ox is Gored was scrapped together with a few friends. Now, our drummer has recruited me for a five week tour with his friend Jacob in Uglyhead. Tour's coming soon, and in fact, I'll be back in the ABQ September 10th. Now, I've kind of been offered a spot on keys with another band, and I can't help but think this might get serious. I remember what Rob Moats told me last year on our way to Copper Lounge for a late night booze run. He said, "Man, I'm 23, I knew I always wanted to do this, and now it's time to get serious." Not get serious in a Set Your Goals way, most of us know Rob and how he got on the bus and went for it. It's working, he's out playing shows and touring, doing what he wants to do. I feel like I'm coming to that point, and it's kind of scaring the shit out of me. My friend from the new band told me jokingly, go tour until you run out of money, come back here, join our band, and we will tour until we run out of money. If it works out, I'm fucking going to be on the road for a while. Most of my shit will end up on craigslist, and I'll be nervous and freaked out in the backseat of someones van for awhile, but goddamnit, that would rule. Now, I'm going to catch up on my episodes of Dexter till I pass out.

BTOWN.

PS, Here's a picture of our bassist from He Whose Ox is Gored, Travis. Dude's got an ear for tone, you know.

1 comment:

dave said...

it's "motes" bro.